La Trinità e l'Immacolata Concezione
The “Trinity and Immaculate Conception” (Milan, Pinacoteca di Brera) was executed by Garofalo and his workshop for the church of San Bernardino and the nearby cloister of nuns of Santa Chiara in Ferrara, between 1528 and 1536. The composition puts the emphasis on the Virgin, located in the middle and surrounded by several symbols that, traditionally, refers to the Immaculate Conception, and by the Doctors and Church Fathers. This very same subject can be found in another “Immaculate Conception and Saints”, today kept in the Pinacoteca Capitolina.
Copyrighted image: “Under concession of Pinacoteca di Brera”.